The Mississippi Gulf Coast is blessed with warm, sunny weather through most of the year. However, the rare winter storm can bring havoc to South Mississippi's roadways in a hurry. Forecasters anticipate a decent chance of snow and ice today, so here are some tips on staying safe on the road:
- Make sure your tires are properly inflated.
- Don't use your cruise control in rainy, icy, or sleet-like weather.
- Use your seat belt! You should do this no matter the weather.
- Slow down. Since we don't have much experience driving in cold-weather conditions, slow and steady is a safe practice.
- Give yourself extra time and space to bring your vehicle to a stop. Ice and snow make it more challenging to stop a vehicle.
- Avoid driving altogether if you can. The best way to avoid an accident is to stay off the road in inclement weather.
Stay safe on the road this winter. If you are injured in a car accident, contact Gulf South Law and attorney Heath Sullivan for help.